Turmeric Root Extract
Latin Name: Curcuma longa Linn.
Appearance: Yellow-Orange Powder
Part Used: Root
Specification: 15%~95% curcumins HPLC
CAS No.: 458-37-7
Curcumin is a chemical component extracted from the rhizome of some plants in the family Zingiberaceae and Araceae. Turmeric contains 3% to 6%, which is a pigment with diketone which is rare in the plant kingdom. It is a diketone.Compound.Curcumin is an orange-yellow crystalline powder. It has a slightly bitter taste and is insoluble in water.
It is mainly used for coloring products such as sausage products, canned foods, and sauces in food production. Also, Medical research shows that curcumin has the effects of lowering blood fat, anti-tumor, anti-inflammatory, choleretic, and anti-oxidation. Scientists have discovered that curcumin can help treat drug-resistant tuberculosis
1. With the function of improving blood circulation and treating amenorrhea;
2. With the function of lipid-lowering, anti-inflammatory, choleretic, anti-tumor, and anti-oxidation;
3. It contains antioxidants, which protect cells against damage caused by free radicals;
4. It affects lowering blood pressure, treating diabetes, and protecting the liver;
5. Antiviral, antimicrobial, and antiparasitic activities;
6. Antithrombotic activity.
1. Mainly used in the pharmaceutical field;
2. Mainly used in health product industry;
3. As pigments, food additives of seasoning;
4. It is mainly used in the cosmetic industry.