Burdock Root extract
English name: Burdock Root extract/ Burdock Fruit Extract
Other names: Arctium Lappa P.E
Botanical name: Arctium Lappa L.
Ingredient name: Arctiin, Arctigenin
Used Part: Whole herb
Extract Method: Grain Alcohol/Water
Test method: HPLC
Appearance: Brown powder
CAS No.: 20362-31-6
Molecular Formula: C27H34O11
Molecular Weight: 534.552
Specification:5:1 10% 20% 30% 70% 85% Arctiin HPLC
Arctium is a genus of biennial plants commonly known as burdock, family Asteraceae. Native to the Old World, several species have been widely introduced worldwide. Folk herbalists considered dried burdock to be a diuretic, diaphoretic, and a blood purifying agent. The seeds of A. lappa are used in traditional Chinese medicine,under the name NiuBangZi
Burdock is a plant whose root is sometimes used as food. Its root, leaf, and seed are used to make medicine. Burdock root extract is made from the root part of the Arctium lappa L., which is a plant of the Asteraceae(Compositae) family. The arctiin is the main active ingredient in burdock. Burdock root extract powder is a diuretic or soothes aching joints. Traditional Chinese healers used burdock seed in combination with other plants to make cures for colds, throat pain, measles, and tonsillitis. In modern times, Fructus arctii extract also used in the treatment of certain cancers.
Burdock is a traditional medicinal herb that is used for many ailments. Burdock root oil extract, also called Bur oil, is currently used in Europe in the belief that it is a useful scalp treatment. Modern studies indicate that burdock root oil extract is rich in phytosterols and essential fatty acids (including rare long-chain EFAs).
Burdock Root Extract Powder is a diuretic or soothes aching joints. Traditional Chinese healers used burdock root in combination with other plants to make cures for colds, throat pain, measles, and tonsillitis. In Japan, Burdock Root Extract Powder was a source of vitamins and other nutrients. In modern times, Burdock Root Extract Powder has been employed in the treatment of certain cancers.
Burdock has been used both internally and externally for eczema and psoriasis, as well as to treat painful joints and as a diuretic. In traditional Chinese medicine, in combination with other herbs, is used to treat sore throats, tonsillitis, colds, and even measles. It is eaten as a vegetable in Japan and elsewhere.
1. Promote bowel movements, lower cholesterol, reduce toxins and waste accumulation in the body, prevent and treat functional constipation.
2. Burdock contains antibacterial ingredients, the main anti-staphylococcus aureus.
3. Burdock contains inulin, the water extract significantly reduced blood glucose in a long time, increased the amount of carbohydrate tolerance
4. The Anti-tumor effect, burdock aglycone have anticancer activity.
5. Anti-nephritis activity, it has an effective treatment of acute nephritis and chronic glomerulonephritis.
1. Applied in food field, burdock seed extract arctiin is regarded as good nutrition and health of high-value vegetables;
2. Applied in health product field, burdock arctiin can eliminate toxins, nutritional supplement, adjust the balance, suitable for many people to drink;
3. Applied in pharmaceutical field, burdock seed extract arctiin contains a variety of essential amino acids in higher levels, especially those with special pharmacological effects.